Want to be a Police Officer for Chino PD?
If you are looking for a career in one of the best law enforcement agencies in the state, apply with the Chino Police Department. Officers earn up to $7,500 per month, receive a comprehensive benefit package and have many opportunities for special assignments and advancement.
The hiring process includes: application, physical agility test, written test, interview, background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological test and medical exam. The hiring process varies, but typically takes approximately 3-4 months. Non-lateral applicants will attend the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Academy which is 23 weeks long.
The Physical Agility Test (PAT) is the first stage of the selection process and consists of the following battery of tests:
- 1.5 MILE RUN: Maximum time 15 minutes (pass/fail)
The following five events are timed and the Applicant's performance times are converted to points and summed. Applicant must accumulate a minimum total score of 384 points to pass.
- OBSTACLE COURSE: Run a 99-yard obstacle course consisting of turns, a number of curb-height obstacles, and a 34-inch high obstacle that must be vaulted.
- BODY DRAG: Lift and drag a 165-pound lifelike dummy 32-feet.
- CHAIN LINK FENCE: Run 5 yards to a 6-foot chain link fence, climb over fence, continue running another 25 yards.
- SOLID FENCE CLIMB: Run 5 yards to a 6-foot solid fence, climb over fence, continue running another 25 yards.
- 500-YARD RUN: Run 500 yards.
- Patrol Division
- Detective Bureau
- Traffic Enforcement
- Special Enforcement Team (Gangs, Narcotics, Graffiti, Quality of Life Issues)
- Professional Standards (Hiring and Internal Affairs)
- School Resource Officer
- Crisis Negotiations Team
- Mobile Field Force
- Field Training Officer
- Training Unit
- Quad Team
- Bike Enforcement Team
- Honor Guard
- Background Investigator
- Mounted Posse