The most qualified candidates will be invited to attend a physical agility test, written examination, and panel interview. Testing details to be provided separately to all qualified applicants via email, please check your email inbox (junk/spam folders) on a daily basis for updates regarding this recruitment.
Must be available to attend a 23-week P.O.S.T. Basic Police Officer Training Academy designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the criminal justice system and specialized training in various laws, police practices and procedures, law enforcement techniques, first aid and physical conditioning. Please refer to the Police Officer job description below for additional details.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position is qualifying. Must be 21 or older at time of graduation from the Police Academy. A High School Diploma/G.E.D., valid California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record are required. U.S. citizenship is mandatory. Satisfactory results from an extensive background investigation, which includes a polygraph test, physical examination/drug screening and an administrative review, are required.
PERS Retirement, $100,000 Beneficiary Death Benefit, Health Insurance/Benefit Bank/Cash Out of $1,345 per month, 12 Days Paid Vacation per year, Bilingual Pay, Tuition Assistance Program and Educational Incentive Pay (may be earned upon promotion to Police Officer).
Partnerships and Teamwork, Integrity, Commitment to Our Customers, Innovation, Open Communication and Fiscal Responsibility.
Together we take pride in providing quality, caring service to our community.
The provisions of this job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the City of Chino is unable to comment on the status of an individual application. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are selected to move forward in our hiring process.
Under direct supervision and tutorage of a tactical officer, develops an awareness of the functions, activities, and responsibilities of a Police Officer.
Police Recruits attend a P.O.S.T. certified Police Officer training academy designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the criminal justice system and specialized training in various laws, police practices and procedures, law enforcement techniques, first-aid, and physical conditioning, and participate in departmental training/orientation programs. Upon successful completion of a Police Officer training class, Police Recruits will be appointed to and sworn in as a probationary entry level Police Officer with full Police authority.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Meet standards of physical stature, endurance, and agility established by the City.
• Observe accurately and remember names, faces, numbers, incidents, and places.
• Use and care for firearms.
• Think and act quickly in emergencies, and judge situations and people accurately.
• Learn, understand, and interpret laws and regulations.
• Prepare accurate and grammatically correct written reports.
• Learn standard broadcasting procedures of a Police radio system.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position is qualifying. Incumbents will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in their past and current employment history. A typical example includes:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. (required), and
• Supplemental Police Science courses (preferred).
• Possess a California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
• Receive satisfactory results from a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological evaluation, physical examination, which includes a drug screen, and an administrative review.
Chino Police Department
5450 Guardian Way
Chino, CA 91710
Not the right job for you?
Look below at the other
positions available at Chino
PD and find the job that’s
perfect for you.
See what it's like to work for Chino Police Deparment.