Part-Time | $14.37 - $17.52 per hour
POLICE CADET JOB DESCRIPTION:
Part-Time Benefits Include:
- 10 Half-Day Holidays and 2 Holidays at 2.5 hours
- Sick Leave (24 Hours)
- Retirement Plan through ICMA-RC (unless current PERS member)
- Bilingual Pay (as required by department)
Under direct supervision, provides assistance to various personnel in the Police Department; performs a variety of routine office support; and para-technical Police related work; and does related work as assigned.
Police Cadets are assigned to various divisions of the Police Department as designated by the Chief of Police and perform a variety of tasks within the guidelines of non-hazardous duty assignments in support of sworn personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide assistance and perform a variety of tasks in support of Police Department programs and public awareness.
- May assist sworn personnel with fundamental, non-hazardous fieldwork such as writing parking citations, controlling traffic at intersections, and arranging for the towing of vehicles.
- Assist in collecting and preparing equipment and materials; set up equipment as needed.
- Perform basic office support work such as filing and typing; provide routine or procedural information; direct people to appropriate personnel; answer the telephone, take messages or route calls to appropriate personnel; maintain a variety of records.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as copiers, computers, typewriters, and teletype equipment; conduct inspection of equipment as needed.
- Assist with coordinating the maintenance and/or repair of Department vehicles.
- Work a varying schedule.
- Interact with co-workers at all levels in the organization in a collaborative and customer service oriented manner.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform all duties within the context of the City's Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position is qualifying. Incumbents will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in their past and current employment history.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. (required).
- Office methods and procedures.
- Operation of a variety of office equipment.
- Learn and follow Police Department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Work safely and efficiently.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public, City staff, and co-workers.
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Possess a California Driver License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Work a varying flexible schedule including weekends, weekdays, evenings, and holidays (hours/days may be adjusted as needed).
- Participation in a Law Enforcement Explorer Program and/or enrollment in college courses leading to a degree in criminal justice or a related field and maintaining a C average (desirable).
- Receive satisfactory results from a background investigation, a physical examination, which includes a drug screen, and an administrative review.
The provisions of this job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the City of Chino is unable to comment on the status of an individual application. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are selected to move forward in our hiring process.
For a list of current job openings, please check the City of Chino website under employment opportunities.
Share This Page:
Contact a Recruiter:
Chino Police Department
5450 Guardian Way
Chino, CA 91710
Not the right job for you?
Look below at the other
positions available at Chino
PD and find the job that’s
perfect for you.
Join Chino PD